IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

История благодарностей участнику vsem ::: Спасибо сказали: 1227 раз(а)
Дата поста: В теме: За сообщение: Спасибо сказали:
29.3.2009, 14:08 Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd - London 1966-1967 (2005, Snapper) Enhaced with Bonus Video

from tracker

Изображение

Изображение

Для просмотра этого блока необходима регистрация

395 Mb – FLAC (separate) +CUE+LOG+SCANS
monza, serbench, voyage,
23.3.2009, 20:06 Одноальбомные группы
The Wind In The Willows – s/t (1968 - 2000, Edsel, EDCD 642)

Изображение

Дебби Харри (Blondie) образца 68-го года: псих-фолк-рок.....

А тут лежит полный комплект МИКРО-сканов, но что уж есть...:
http://www.deborah-harry.com/dh/thewindinthewillowsal.htm

Tracks:
01. Moments Spent 2:58
02. Uptown Girl 2:58
03. So Sad 3:15
04. My Uncle Used to Love Me But She Died 2:18
05. There Is But One Truth, Daddy 8:20
06. The Friendly Lion 3:20
07. Park Avenue Blues 2:39
08. Djini Judy 2:41
09. Little People 4:06
10. She's Fantastic and She's Yours 3:44
11. Wheel of Changes 4:05

Line-up:
Peter Brittain, Paul Klein (vocals, guitar)
Ida Andrews (vocals, flute, piccolo, bassoon, chimes)
Wayne Kirby (vocals, piano, harpsichord, organ, vibraphone, double bass)
Steve "Marvello" DePhillips (vocals, bass)
Deborah Harry (vocals, tamboura, tambourine, finger cymbals)
Anton Garysforth (drums)
+ Guests:
Artie Kornfeld (drums, bongos)
Peter C. Leeds (bells)

245 Mb – FLAC (image) +CUE+LOG+SCANS
Doctor, golovkov, olegleonant, serbench,
16.3.2009, 11:51 Одноальбомные группы
Mirthrandir (US) - For You The Old Women (1976 - 1992, Syn-Phonic)

Source: my CD collection

Изображение

RosFest.com:
Раскрывающийся текст
The group Mirthrandir was first conceived in 1973 by a group of young New Jersey musicians that had played in various bands together from the local area. Alexander Romanelli, Simon Gannett, Jim Miller, and Bob Arace were among the original members with the addition of another guitar player who was soon replaced by Richard Excellente. After a parade of vocalists who came and went, John Vislocky was finally asked to join the group as he now was in town after living and playing in the Boston area and attending Berklee College of Music.
The music is a combination of diverse themes and rhythms set together in complex patterns, all replicating a symphonic format while never relinquishing the edge of its rock legacy. The limited instrumentation and technology was stretched to replicate an orchestral atmosphere. As lead writer Alexander Romanelli so aptly put it, "Tension and Release!” The group would rehearse endlessly five days a week in a loft in Rahway, NJ trying to perfect each and every measure of music. After dealing with the struggles of trying to obtain a record label and finding suitable venues to play their music, they recorded and produced their own independent album in 1975, "For You the Old Women" as well as produced and promoted their own concerts at local theaters, most of which were sold out. The struggle eventually proved overwhelming and resulted in the premature demise of the group in 1977.
It wasn’t until years later that Bill Paquin made contact with the band. After discovering the LP, Greg Walker from Syn-Phonic was made aware of the group and offered to distribute the album in 1992, at which point the music was remixed, put on CD, and distributed globally. Given all the positive reaction from reviews, Internet chats, and the hunger to perform the music for appreciative audiences, the majority of the members decided to get back together for a reunion. The present line up includes two new guitar players who, interestingly enough, had been fans of the music and were already familiar with most of the tracks. The two new members include John Callahan, who has had an association with some of the members of the group that go way back and himself has considerable experience with original progressive groups of his own. Also on guitar is Alan Benjamin, who shares time playing in a progressive band called Advent...

MusicBanter.com, Anteater's review:
Раскрывающийся текст
The American Progressive Rock scene back in the 70's was never particularly noteworthy in the eyes of most music seekers. It was more conveniant to worship Kansas and slap the label of prog. on any band that could get something on radio that was longer than 4 minutes (Styx and Starcastle being big perpetrators).
So in regards to that, all I can say is thank Goddddd for diamonds in the rough like Mirthrandir, who on this sole album (the only one they managed to record in their short time as a band) showed more individuality and showsmanship than most groups could turn out in an entire career. While guitar, keyboard, bass, etc are all to be expected here, its the seamless interplay of the instruments and movement between mood and tempo (the first few minutes on Conversation With Personality Giver and latter half on For Four being particular highlights) that elevates this sound to a place of its own instead of being a clone-copy of Yes, Genesis or Gentle Giant.

Track breakdowns:
For You The Old Women - Starts the album off with some fiery jazzy guitar/keyboard interplay before bringing in some horns and drum emphasis. Slows down dreamily a-la Floyd/Camel through most of the middle and finishes strong at the end. Nice vocals, if nothing particularly striking.
Conversation With Personality Giver - Very lush keyboard and quick drumming takes prominence over guitar, breaking down into slower tempos with piano and horns that for a nice sheen. Great track.
Light Of The Candle - More conventional structurally than the last two tracks and less atmospheric, while being harder on guitar and more straightforward on the keyboards. Vocals are also quite nice here, making this track particularly good and a hightlight of this album IMO.
Number Six - Instrumental song, which builds itself up ever so quietly with flute and sax before the drums come in, followed by some searing guitar and keyboard work spaced over the rest of the time. Technically impressive to say the very least, and ear-pleasing to boot.
For Four - Nearly fifteen minutes of awesome, taking elements of everything you've heard thusfar while throwing some organ and Mellotron into the mix to build foundation around the keyboard-driven parts. And, of course, there's lots of great guitar. A nice way to end the album all in all, and despite the length isn't tedious at all to listen to. My favorite piece off the album.

Conclusion
I heartily recommend this album to anyone who wants to get a better idea of some of the music that was being done on America's progressive front besides Kansas back in the mid to late 70's. The production is steller, and unlike a lot of music from that period, I would say Mirthrandir's For You The Old Women has aged extraordinarily well; none of it sounds dated in any way, shape or form, and deserves a place in everyone's musical collection.

Tracks:
. For you the old women (8:13)
2. Conversation with personality giver (5:36)
3. Light of the candle (4:22)
4. Number six (5:04)
5. For four (14:45)

Total Time: 38:00

Line-up:
- Robert Arace / drums
- Richard Excellente / guitar
- Simon Gannett / keyboards
- James Miller / bass, flute
- Alexander Romanelli / guitar
- John Vislocky III / vocals, trumpet

Doctor, golovkov, Perca,
13.3.2009, 18:56 Cast
Cast (Mexico) - Imaginary Window (1999, Musea - 2009, MALS)

Source: my CD collection

Изображение

Tracks:
1. Moving Universe (8:46)
2. Alter Ego (4:38)
3. A Blossom In The Spring (4:03)
4. Dawn (5:06)
5. Simple Things (3:56)
6. Snail (2:49)
7. Around And Around (9:07)
8. Dessert Rainbow (2:12)
9. Cotton Dreams (6:33)